Check out a Mobile Hotspot!
- Hotspots check out for 2 weeks
- You must be 17 years or older to borrow a hotspot
- You must have a library card in good standing
- Check the T-Mobile coverage map to make sure the hotspot will work where you need it
- Read the Hotspot Borrower Policy here
- Find our Hotspot Quick Start Guide here
This Hotspot Program supports the goal of the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners’ Strategic Plan to Advance Equitable Access to Resources by promoting “excellent connectivity and technology infrastructure,
training, and support frameworks to equitably meet the needs of library users in Massachusetts” and
the Institute of Museum and Library Services’ American Rescue Plan Act Objective 1.1 to advance digital
Who Can Borrow a Hotspot?
- Any Massachusetts resident may borrow a hotspot. Hotspot borrowers must be at least 17 years old and in good standing with the library.
- Only one hotspot is allowed per household. Each hotspot will support multiple computers or tablets.
- Hotspots may be borrowed for 2 weeks.
- Renewals are not permitted. Hotspots must be returned to the library and may not be checked out again for at least a 24-hour period.
Reserving a Hotspot
- Hotspots may be reserved --just like a book-- through the library catalog , or by calling the library at: 413-268-7472 during normal business hours.
- Borrowers may request that hotspot filtering be disabled when borrowing a device. The library will not ask for a stated reason.
- Reserved hotspots must be picked up within 3 days of notification.
Returning a Hotspot
The hotspot, including the AC adapter and case, should be returned to the library service desk in the same good working condition as it was when it was checked out. Do NOT place the hotspot in the book drop.