Haydenville Library – Procedures for Use
The Haydenville Library does not have its own dedicated parking. Parking is usually available in the Brassworks parking lot across the street.
The key to the front door must be picked up at Meekins Library ahead of time. Please make sure the door is locked when you leave.
The indoor entry light is located high to the left of the doorway as you enter.
Sign in & record number of people attending:
Please fill in attendance form. You will find this on the desk.
Dial 99 to get an outside line, wait for dial tone, then dial number. The telephone may only be used for local calls.
Heating and cooling:
The thermostat is to the right of the entry to the storage and bathroom area. Please turn the temperature down to 59-60 when you leave.
A coffee maker is available for use. You may bring snack food for your meetings, but please remove all food trash when you leave.
Furniture may be rearranged, but please return everything to its original arrangement when you leave.
Cleaning up and leaving:
- Brooms can be found in the storage area leading to the bathroom. Other cleaning implements can be found in that area and under the sink.
- Wash the coffee-pot and unplug the coffee maker.
- Lower the heat to 59-60.
- Test the rear door (if it was used) to be sure it is locked.
- Turn off all lights.
- Take trash with you.
- Exit via the front door.
- Lock the door when you leave, and test that it is locked by turning the knob and trying to open it. (The door may need to be slammed shut.)
- Return the key to a staff person at Meekins Library.
Approved by the Board of Trustees 4/21/2015