How To Get a Library Card
In order to check out library materials or request items from other libraries, you must have a current library card.
Any resident of a Massachusetts community which is eligible to receive State Aid to Libraries Grants, or any full-time student in Massachusetts, is entitled to a free library card. Current library cards from other public libraries in C/WMARS (Central/Western Massachusetts Automated Resource Sharing) may be used to borrow Meekins materials. However, college library cards may not be used at public libraries. Check this list of C/WMARS libraries or look for C/WMARS on the card.
If you live in another state, you may purchase a library card for an annual fee of $35.
You can apply for a card at the Circulation Desk at the library. To register you must:
- fill out an application
- present a photo ID, such as
- a driver's license,
- a passport, or
- school ID
- present proof of current address, such as
- recently cancelled mail with current address,
- a driver's license with current address,
- pre-printed bank checks with current address,
- a lease,
- up-to-date car registration, or
- FID card.
Replacement cards cost $1.00.